Tynker.com – Has free lessons for ages Pre-K to 8th grade.
- A paid version includes high school lessons.
- To explore how the program looks for a student, create a student account and join a sample classroom with the code: 44451974. Have fun!
Code.org is your one-stop shop for a plethora of coding lessons.
- Includes standard alignment, curriculum, and fun lessons for ages Pre-k to beyond high school.
Scratch– Pairs seamlessly with Google and many other programs.
- Scratch is regularly updated and features a large community of coders sharing their work.
- Scratch is designed for students aged 8-16.
Hopscotch was created for students 10-16.
- Students are able to create their own games, publish and play other creator’s games.
App Inventor helps students aged 8-18+ create an app for download on their mobile devices.
- Critical thinking skills are highlighted while learning to create an app.
Code Monkey is a very fun way to practice coding.
- Suitable for ages Pre-K to 8th grade.
Unique Video ID: Free Coding Platforms**
**The unique Video ID can be used to quickly locate a single video in the ET collection. This search function is designed to let teachers assign students to watch a specific video and have only that video appear as a search result. Just click on Search and choose “By Video ID.” Then type in the Video ID as it appears above. Be sure to include the dash.